The Research & Development Scientist will be responsible for assisting the Director of Research & Development with product development, day to day operations within the department, such as documentation of formulas and adjustments. Inclusive this role will collaborate with Water Lilies Foods Quality Assurance department and executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Serves as support of R&D Team in the development and execution of new formulas, formula changes, and product changes
- Helps plan and collects materials for, and coordinates trial production and development tests.
- Coordinate test runs with production facilities
- Provides technical support for the production of products
- Provides technical support for quality assurance helping to ensure food safety protocol
- Ensures formula adherence by comparing actual data to formulas and product specs
- Coordinates other analytical studies in-house or outside labs as requested, i.e. palatability, acceptability & and/or performs an evaluation of product texture, pH, filling ratio, etc.
- Create product specifications for finished products
- Maintain production specification from suppliers
- Supports operations in the selection and use of equipment for production
- Reports any food safety issues to the R&D Manager
- Provides support for other teams as requested
- Provides technical expertise and training as requested
* Previous experience in the food industry
* Experience in natural/organic foods is a plus
* Education BS in Chemistry, Biology or Food Science preferred
* Strong attention to detail
* Analytical capabilities
* Verbal and math skills – college degree level
* Understanding of and ability to use basic statistics, chemistry, and math.
* Computer proficiency including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook
* Strong work ethics, time management, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision