This position is a full time position. Location: Carteret, NJ.
Responsible for customer compliance support of flavors used in beverage and sweet food applications for global and domestic accounts including completing customer compliance documentation. This includes (product labeling, food allergens, genetically modified foods, nutrition, organic and religious suitability (Kosher/Halal).
In depth experience of relevant US/Canadian regulatory agencies, requirements and processes. Experience of relevant food and flavor international regulations including South America, European and Asian regulatory agencies, requirements and processes are an advantage.
Responsible for contacting vendors and maintaining raw material documentation to ensure all information is up to date. This includes specification sheets, SDSs, organic compliant statements, certificate of naturalness. etc.
Maintain yearly vendor evaluations to ensure vendor compliance (questionnaires, audit certifications, recall and traceability documentation)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated track record of successful regulatory support in the food and beverage industries. Be a strong written and verbal communicator with experience of presenting to technical audiences
- Be a skilled collaborator, with experience of working effectively in multi-functional teams and across multiple geographies
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting agreed timelines
- Have strong analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Be a creative thinker, capable of problem solving and innovating to meet the multiple needs of the business
- Demonstrate critical attention to detail and accuracy
- Have experience managing and coaching others
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Toxicology, Food Science or closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-10 years regulatory experience, including experience with food or beverage regulated products.
- Experience in the Flavor industry preferred.
- Strong Excel skills
- Willingness and ability to work with others
- Strong organizational skills
- Very good communication skills