The Regulatory Specialist will assist with US and Canada regulatory work for all High Liner Foods (HLF) products.He/She will support the research, manufacturing, and marketing of new and existing products in a manner which ensures compliance with all appropriate government regulations and associated standards, through the activities outlined below.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with all applicable labeling laws and regulations in accordance with FDA, USDA, CFIA, Health Canada, state, military, province and other regulations as required, including foreign entities if needed
- Collaborate with R&D, Marketing and Operations to develop, validate and confirm information for nutrition facts panel, ingredient statements, labeling, claims, etc. for new and existing products.
- Develop and maintain label copy, evaluate packaging and product formulations to ensure the correct labeling of new and existing products against the appropriate regulations, guidelines, internal labeling standards & policies.
- Develop and input information files for in-house product specs; maintain product specs.
- Manage and maintain certifications (Kosher, BE (GMO), Gluten-Free etc.) for new and existing products in US and Canada
- Manage label approval process (internal and external) and systems.
- Assure timely response to all label inquiries from regulatory agencies and retail/foodservice customers.
- Deliver against key milestones to help support on-time delivery for all projects.
- Resolve regulatory issues raised internally, externally, or by government agencies and initiate corrective action as required
- Monitor the regulatory environment, local and international for assigned product group and topic area, implement changes as needed
- Bachelor#39;s degree in food science, nutrition, biology (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2- 3 years in food industry directly relevant Consumer Packaged Goods labelling experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the US and Canadian Food & Drugs Act and Regulations and other consumer packaging regulations
- Must be highly organized team player with strong critical thinking skills and an acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive and self-starter attitude with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to communicate complex regulatory and scientific issues in simple terms.
- Proficient in MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Genesis and PLM software.
- Experience with CFIA FSEP (Food Safety Enhancement Program), FDA FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) Preventive Controls for Human Food and other International requirements.
This position could be based in Lunenburg or Halifax NS, or Portsmouth NH.
High Liner Foods would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. High Liner Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.