Regulatory Compliance Project Manager
The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager assists the Vice President of Global Regulatory Affairs in both the strategic and operational aspects of the Global Regulatory Affairs Department located in company US headquarters.
The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager supports the Regulatory Team in Flavor, Fragrance, Aromatic Chemical, and Botanical work for Customer specific requests, (ESPs), Internal Projects, and Continuous Improvement Projects.
These projects may be ingredient specific, formulation specific, system specific, and/or Regulation specific. These projects will involve working with the internal Regulatory team, internal development teams, suppliers, customers and third-party support vendors.
- The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager will participate in the use of Trace Gains for Regulatory data capture including, but not limited to, working with the Regulatory team on ingredient set up and updates
- The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager will participate in the increased use of Product Vision in Regulatory in such areas as FDA Nutritional labeling, FDA labeling, and USDA labeling
- The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager will participate in company Ingredient Programs such as the Second Source program, RFG initiatives, and Global Raw Materials
- The Regulatory Company Project Manager will support Customer Request for Regulatory and Technical information via the internal ESP system
- The Regulatory Compliance Project Manager will support Regulatory programs such as the USDA Organic Program, the IFRA Standard Program, US FDA and USDA Programs, and GHS. This includes Organic Certification, IFRA 49, Flavor and Fragrance labeling, SDS, Allergens, and Nutritionals
- Advises corporate personnel regarding the development and implementation of regulatory strategy, potential areas of regulatory concern and new governmental regulatory developments
- Continuously improves company’s systems to allow faster and more accurate responses to customer inquiries. Reviews and updates technical data
- Supports the TTB Flavor Regulatory Program as needed
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, equivalent with a minimum of eight years in the food, or flavor industry
- Skilled in Microsoft office packages such as Excel and Work
- Skilled in Product Vision or equivalent Food, Flavor, or Fragrance Regulatory systems
- Familiar with Food Safety programs such as FSMA
- Familiarization with US Food and Personal Care Product Regulations and databases to support these third-party reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication with all levels of the organization
- Ability to review US and other regional Regulations for implementation with the Organization and customers as needed
- Frequently will sit at the desk while using a computer
- Notable experience in Regulatory Affairs in the food, flavor or fragrance industries
- Understanding of industry regulations including acronyms and terminology such as GMP, Kosher, Halal, NOP, allergens, labeling, TTB, IFRA, REACH, CAS numbers, Prop. 65, 484, etc.
- Proven people management skills. Must use strong leadership interpersonal skills to develop a common sense, practical approach to goals that emphasize teamwork and participation
- Demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage work tasks of a diverse nature
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal with a variety of internal and external extracts
- Participation in professional meetings as needed
- Strong problem solving, organization and attention to detail skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and multi-task
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at email@example.com.