Our client is a leading manufacturer of value-added functional food & nutritional ingredients that help make foods healthier and taste better. Their competitive advantage lies in their ability to provide food, beverage, and nutritional supplement producers with a product that meets the highest standards of quality, excellence, with a keen eye on exceptional customer service. We work with customers to help them develop innovative new products for the global market.
We are looking to hire a Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our team in Northern NJ. The successful candidate must have a technical degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar. We desire to hire candidates who are already within commuting distance to our office, but we will consider offering relocation assistance if that is necessary. NOTE: Due to the Pandemic, for the foreseeable future, this position will be REMOTE (work from home).
- Monitors regulatory updates, performs impact analyses, and communicates findings to management to coordinate actions plans.
- Assists North American facilities by managing registrations, providing insight to general regulatory questions, and aiding with the implementation of action plans.
- Supports management by preparing technical information for external submissions and inquires.
- Provides guidance and support to the North American Customer Quality Support Specialist as needed.
- Assist with new products development by evaluating formulas, ingredients, and processing information to verify compliance with the intended country of sale.
- Maintains list of applicable legislation in the North American region though on-going regulatory monitoring.
- Obtains, organizes, and maintains required information and documentation under applicable regulations.
- Works with Supply Chain to ensure the compliance of all imported products.
- Assists with on-site audits related to regulatory programs.
- Helps with the creation of ‘position’ and ‘focus’ papers for the region.
- Supports internal regulatory training initiatives.
- Provides internal business support for regulatory questions, tracking response time.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 2 years minimum of regulatory experience within the food, beverage, nutrition, or dietary supplement industry required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Nutrition degree is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in US, Canadian, and dietary supplement/ NHP regulations.
- Able to work cross functionally with global and local teams.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to adhere to deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader who is poised for tremendous growth. Must be authorized to work in the USA to be considered. To be considered you must have experience working with food and/or nutritional ingredients (flavors, colors, chemicals, food fiber, probiotics, starches, gums, hydrocolloids, acidulants, phosphates, sorbates, vitamins, minerals, botanicals, etc.) US Citizens or Permanent Residents of the USA only. We are not offer Visa sponsorships at this time.