The Regional Service Business Manager is responsible for the achievement of the set Commercial Service Sales and growth targets, within the defined Region or Industry and will develop and manage a short and long-term plan for the commercial development of Marel within the region or Industry. This position will be located in either our Des Moines IA, Lenexa KS, or Gainesville GA offices.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for the preparation of the primary budget for Services and Spare Parts for the whole region, with the Service Director and Sales Management Team, to include revenue, cost, growth etc.
- You will be creating a long term sales plan (How) that is included into the regional operational plan and used for handshake with the Industries. You will implement a process in the region to ensure that the short-term sales targets are reached and that the installed base is covered
- You will have direct responsibility for all staff reporting into the role; meaning: Setting measurable targets and creating a performance culture of continuous improvements, coaching the staff to ensure the goals are achieved, and reviewing performance against agreed performance criteria (kpi) as well as perform annual reviews.
- You will develop and maintain the relationship with customers, through own frequent on site visits
- You will be managing and maintaining pipeline of opportunities, their status, and follow up activities, as it relates to customers
- You will be ensuring that all business intelligence and opportunity management data is up to date like CRM, customer reports, installed base and sales reports
What we are looking for:
- 5 years’ experience of Sales Management of capital goods with successful negotiation skills and who is leading sales teams today in an aftermarket services environment
- Experience with people Management skills of guiding a large service business organization (50 to 100) team members including coaching 12 direct reports.
- Experience in developing 3 year commercial business plans and annual operational targets and record of achieving commercial growth targets
- Experience in building a customer oriented “Service” culture in which serves our customers and team members and the ability to connect with team members and C-Level executives at Key customers.
- Ability to manage change in a high paced matrix organization
- Experience with highly sophisticated food processing equipment or food processing is preferred or experience from other machine or technology industries
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
?Marel Vision and Values
In partnership with our customers, we are transforming the way food is processed. Our vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Marel’s core values are: Unity, Innovation and Excellence.