Job Status: Full Time (Remote, work from home)
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Reports To: Director of Sales
Work Schedule: Varies
Amount of Travel Required: 70-80%
Positions Supervised: None
The Regional Sales Manager will sell services to identified USDA and FDA prospective customers in a set region. This is a territory based position consisting of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska & Missouri. This is a remote position and would require working from home when not traveling in the before mentioned territory. You must be willing to relocate within this territory if you do not already reside there. Primary job responsibility is to sell Food Safety Solutions to new prospects and attain Cost of Living Increases for existing accounts. This individual will identify, qualify and close new opportunities. This includes the entire sales process from business development prospecting through completion of budgets, presentations, contract negotiations, signing and post-sales support. They will leverage a collaborative CSP sales approach with Operations and utilize SFDC database to maximize revenue growth.
PRINCIPAL AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Drive customer relationships and influence key decision makers by becoming a trusted advisor with prospective accounts and expand business with existing accounts.
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge, sales skills, presentation skills and time management.
• Professionally represent PSSI at assigned location while upholding company’s core values.
• Accountable for entering all opportunities and activity into SFDC.
• Utilize CSP approach in all aspects of daily responsibilities.
• Stabilization of existing business and maintaining relationships with accounts.
• Work cross functionally with Corporate Account Managers, Marketing, Sales Support, Operations, HR, Finance and Legal Departments to ensure that established goals are met.
Office and plant environment
• Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills
• Must be willing to travel regularly overnight to customer or plant locations
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5 years’ sales experience in industrial food processing industry and a complex sale
• Independent, self-motivated, competitive, high powered and polished experience with a
service organization is required.
• Broad knowledge of plant environment and requirements coupled with the ability to develop
custom solutions to meet changing needs of the customer.
• Excellent written, oral communications skills, strong analytical skills, understanding of sales
processes and complex negotiation skills.
• Track record of demonstrated sales success.
• Must work well in a team environment with multiple resources.
• SFDC and Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)