THE COMPANY: Based in Mount Prospect, IL, Mizkan America is a subsidiary of the Mizkan Group, a global, family-owned company that has been Bringing Flavor To Life for more than 200 years. As one of the leading makers of condiments and sauces in the United States, Mizkan America maintains 17 manufacturing facilities that serve the retail, foodservice, specialty-Asian and food-ingredient trade channels. Mizkan Americas portfolio hasa wide variety of vinegars, Italian and Asian sauces, mustards, cooking wines, wine reductions, sushi seasoning, salad dressings and peppers. Mizkan manufactures a wide variety of branded and private label products. Mizkan America brands include: Rag, Bertolli, Holland House, NAKANO, Natures Intent, World Harbors, Barengo, Mizkan Asian, Rio Luna and Four Monks. Mizkan America is also the exclusive distributor for Angostura Bitters in North America.
SUMMARY: The Regional Sales Manager Food Ingredients is responsible for managing product sales and achieving sales volume and profitability targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages market area sales to achieve goals.
- Maintains and grows current business levels and secures new sales opportunities.
- Develops budget, strategy to manage expenditures and profitability.
- Develops, presents, and implements customer plans that meet sales volume goals and profitability levels by product category and by customer.
- Communicates new products, services, and other developments to existing and potential accounts.
- Establishes and maintains multiple levels of relationships within each customer in order to identify needs and opportunities as well as to provide selling solutions.
- Manages a network of Food Brokers and direct accounts.
- Provides resale support to customers through advertising, promotion, and other trade spending activities while ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Develops, communicates, and integrates plans for the execution of National Chain Account Programs.
- Interfaces with Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Production, and Research and Development functions.
- Consults with management and provides timely information and reports on retail sales activities, issues, trends, market changes, competitive developments, and other critical matters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA or BS degree required.
- 5 years of combined experience in food sales and broker management required.
- Food ingredient experience preferred.
- Previous P & L experience preferred.
- Creative, aggressive, customer driven, and results oriented.
- Broker management preferred.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to manage, build, and enhance the overall value of the Mizkan Food Ingredient business.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards. Commitment to company values.
- Must be professional, honest, trustworthy, and have commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Broad based business knowledge, strategic thinking, good judgment, and accurate risk assessment skills highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating indirect staff.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and develop lasting customer relationships.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to negotiate effective agreements is essential.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is desirable.
- Work from home office with convenient access to major airport.
- 50% travel.