Mexilink is a leading national importer and master distributor of top selling Hispanic brands focusing on growing sales for the burgeoning U.S. Hispanic and crossover markets. With family ties to Mexico’s largest independent grocery distributor and well-documented brand growth since inception in 2000, Mexilink’s seasoned personnel and established U.S. industry relationships are second to none. From export/import preparation and warehousing to product line consolidation and national distribution, Mexilink is a preferred source for supplying authentic Hispanic commodities and exclusive nostalgic brands.
Regional Sales Director - Bilingual
The Regional Sales Director will plan and execute strategic and tactical plans to achieve the sales objectives assigned to them. The primary focus is to sustain and grow the usage of the company’s products and services within their account base, develop new business accounts within their region, support the marketing efforts of the company through attendance at company and industry events, and maintain and expand their industry and product knowledge so to be relevant and beneficial to our clients and prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing and developing direct accounts through regional sales team and brokers.
- Builds strong customer relationships with multiple channels of trade in the region.
- Identifies best go-to-market strategy for the region.
- Identifies sales growth opportunities within designated territory.
- Manages P&L.
- Frequently works in store with Field Sales Team.
- Develops and implements account specific programs to align company objectives to customer needs.
- Develops a clear and measurable monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives for each company segment/brand within each direct account.
- Discusses promotional opportunities with trade partners. Monitors and measures results and reworks to optimize sales programs.
- Maintains optimal customer support and service. Assists VP of Sales in identifying and resolving customer concerns.
- Maintains required reports to include customer profiles, promotion plans, trade contracts, updated calendars, call reports, and expense budgets.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures o department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Oversees operational budgets (travel, office supply, etc.) to minimize expenses.
- Updates and manages regional price list and product specifications for key accounts.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Advises distributors and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes sales statistics and assists clients in promoting sales.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales departments and other sales related units.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (K,S,A)
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or 5 years related experienced; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- English and Spanish language fluency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with external and internal clients professionally.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; threats others with respect and consideration.
- Strong attention to detail and bringing tasks to completion.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Have a positive attitude, must contribute to a positive workplace.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Willing to travel 20% of the time.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level is usually moderate. Working hours are from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
We offer unprecedented benefits to our employees including:
- Competitive annual salary
- Excellent career path
- Healthcare plan
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.