Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Regional Learning and Development Manager delivers non-technical learning programs for salaried and hourly associates in order to improve productivity and engagement and reduce turnover in the region, primarily at poultry harvest and cook plants; may also include support of grain and agriculture commodity locations such as feed mills, soybean plants and the like. Creates or sources traditional on-ground as well as e-learning courses to include on-going leadership, management and communications tracks as well as programs identified through informal and formal needs assessments.
This individual can sit anywhere within the required travel region: Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Travel will include Central North Carolina but majority of plants are in MD/DE/VA.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and other management development courses as prescribed by the annual Learning Calendar to include classes for Team Leads (Salaried Supervisors), Line Leads (Hourly), and other management positions.
- Works with Human Resources Business Partners and Operations Leadership in the annual succession planning process; identifies and nurtures hourly and salaried emerging leaders; facilitates unique learning sessions or other developmental programs.
- In conjunction with Corporate L & D Team, identifies and sources workforce development or other grant funding opportunities
- Assess learning needs through formal or informal means; create or source programs including coaching, traditional on-ground or e-learning courses to address gaps in productivity, retention, engagement and other criteria related to performance and
- Diagnoses gaps in individual and team performance through the use of assessments and other tools and recommends appropriate courses or other developmental programs.
- Embodies and exhibits Perdue values (quality, integrity, teamwork, and stewardship).
- Captures data and other learning scorecard metrics including evaluations of courses.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in one or more of the following: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training & Development or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 Years experience in Training with advanced facilitation/presentation skills, Applied Instructional Design, Adult Learning Principles/Methodologies, and/or Organizational Development.
- Strong proficiency in verbal/written communications, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, multi-tasking, problem-solving, coaching/mentoring and time management skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of business hours.
- Master’s degree in one or more of the following: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training & Development or other relevant field.
- Previous experience in a perishable foods/production environment, especially live animal agriculture
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.