Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
- The Regional Continuours Improvement Manager work with organizational leadership to develop appropriate strategies for each location and deliver impacting results to the organization through implementation of an effective Continuous Improvement Model.
- This person will be based out of Salisbury, MD and is responsibile for the following site locations: Salisbury MD, Milford DE, Georgetown DE, Accomac VA and Lewiston NC.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with leadership at multiple locations to develop an appropriate CI approach to the achieve the desired results while ensuring a balance with the 4P’s.
- Develop the Continuous Improvement Managers’ skill sets with the tools as well as effective implementation techniques.
- Assist via hands-on in the locations with project execution while promoting a high energy, data driven, and results oriented culture.
- Develop and deliver the appropriate training materials and learning techniques that are adapted to the various audiences.
- Design, develop and implement creative communication, awareness and engagement techniques for all levels of the organization
- Follow up on results tracking for Continuous Improvement and asses the organization’s ability to sustain results.
- BS degree or equivalent related work experience in Operations Management, Business Management, Engineering or related work experience.
- 3 - 5 years
- Candidates may enter this role from either a solid operational or continuous improvement background. The foundation should exist to either step directly into this role, or enter an accelerated development plan to meet the requirements of the position.
- Core competencies to include Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen Event Facilitation, Root Cause Analysis, Microsoft Office and Minitab working knowledge.
- Should not only demonstrate the ability to “do” but also “teach” in the various techniques. Proven experience in a willingness to promote and drive change; able to communicate and work with teams at all organizational levels from senior management to shop floor; strong communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Needs to possess the ability to learn new concepts, combined with common sense and effectively apply to problem solving. A combination of business, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills while being motivated by challenge.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Location of work varies from plant environment, training room to office. Travel 50 – 75%
- May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
- May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
- Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment with willingness to support multiple shifts.
- When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degree to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals found in poultry, food and processing plant. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.