Join Our Community of Food People!
- \tMaintains a lead role in developing and implementing Stock Yards strategies to support division and customer needs within an assigned region.
- \tOversees production operations for multiple facilities ensuring they adhere to overall national strategies.
- \tDrives standardization, productivity improvement, and equipment utilization for locations in region.
- \tOversees outsourced partner relationships to ensure consistency of processes.
- \tSources new business opportunities to support strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation and go-to-market strategy for Stock Yards locations across all USF divisions in an assigned region
- Establish long-term operations objectives that are aligned with business goals. Develop and execute strategic plan for assigned region.
- Standardize productivity metrics, set goals, and drive productivity through assigned facilities. Report yields, credit values and bench mark operations to ensure productivity improvement
- Partner with Area Presidents to create Stock Yards market strategies for each location. Coordinate all RFPs and pricing strategies for regional /national customers
- Implement COP strategy through locations and drive sales through the divisions
- Partner with site leaders to plan, organize, direct, and control the course of operations by integrating and coordinating operations functions and processes with business goals. Maintain profitable operations by controlling inventory, losses, accidents and safety, etc.
- Manage, develop and coach all facility leaders to ensure that a strong employee engagement culture exists. Develop a leadership pool of supervisors and managers to become site leaders
- Standardize packaging supplies, conduct RFPs to leverage spend with assigned region.
- Standardize packaging equipment, set standard for company (code daters etc)
- Forecast equipment /capital needs replacing/upgrading equipment prior to end of useful life. Ensure that equipment utilization is measured and standardized
- Work with IT systems to drive improved automated productivity reports.
- Work with procurement manager to standardize raw material usage
- Communicate with production managers, meetings to share best practices
- Commercial oversight for outsourced partners (Model 5s) including pricing (formulas based) specifications, communicating items authorized and collaborating with FSQA leadership
- Overnight travel required - 50%
Internal: All levels of regional and division personnel within Stock Yards and Broadline business (including site leaders, Sales, Operations, Finance, FSQA), up to and including senior management and corporate leadership.
External: Customers, vendors, suppliers, brokers and third party consultants
Manage and direct the Stock Yards production site General Managers.
Education/Training: Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing, sales or food experience
- Strong analytical & communication skills required as well as technical knowledge of the foodservice meat business including, cuts, yields and meat production.
- Excellent management skills, negotiation skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of utilizing skills of influence, persuasion, and effective negotiation to further goals required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, drive organizational transformations and support change management within the organization.
- Must be self-directed and highly motivated, possessing a strong business acumen, sound interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to multiple levels in the organization.
- Proven leadership and experience managing and developing direct reports required
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***