This individual will perform the duties of a Refrigeration/Boiler Technician and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Have or be able to attain RETA certification
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follow safe work practices
- Work as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs
- Conduct routine audits and equipment inspections
- Demonstrate troubleshooting abilities
- Maintain open and professional line of communication with operations
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work requests in a timely & effective manner
- Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and completion of a formal trades training program, or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience.
Two years of industrial maintenance experience including comprehensive knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
Engine & Boiler systems
Electricity & motor controls
Controls & instrumentation
PLC/software & hardware
Pneumatics & Hydraulics
System analysis & troubleshooting
Pipefitting & welding
Basic computer skills and the ability to work independently are also required for this position.
Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.
This is a full time hourly position; all applicants should be willing to work all shifts (days/evenings/overnights), extended hours and weekends.