Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of boilers, ammoniarefrigeration, and HVAC utility equipment/systems.
KEY AREAS OFRESPONSIBILITY
- Startssystems and observes operation.
- Readgauges and instruments and adjust mechanisms to control level of fluid,pressure and temperature in system.
- Maintainproper functioning of refrigeration systems, steam generation, compressed air,hot water, treated water, glycol and other systems that apply.
- Useknowledge of water chemistry to maintain and service equipment.
- Maintainmonitoring of utilities used by the building.
- Respondto emergency calls regarding refrigeration on production floor.
- Ensurecontinued production operation as it relates to refrigeration equipment,utilities and HVAC equipment.
- Dismantlemalfunctioning system and test components using electrical mechanical andpneumatic testing equipment. Troubleshoot, adjust and /or repair utility systems equipment asproblems/deviations occur.
- Pipefittingand plumbing repair.
- Repair/rebuildpumps, valves, regulators, traps, fans, etc.
- Otherduties assigned.
- Collaborateswith Refrigeration Lead to achieve designated tasks
- Manufacturingexperience preferred.
- Associatemust have at least 3 years of experience in the operation & repair ofrefrigeration, HVAC, and utility equipment/systems.
- Experiencein ammonia refrigeration and electrical controls preferred.
- EPArefrigerant recovery certification preferred.
- HAZMATtraining certification preferred (willtrain). Must be willing and able to participate on a HAZMAT team.
- Musthave legible handwriting with attention to detail.
- Mustbe able to climb stairs and stand for long periods of time.
- Detectand understand warning lights, buzzers, alarms or instruments indicatinghazardous conditions or circumstances which may cause equipment or product lossand physical harm.
- Mustobserve good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
- Mustfollow safety rules and procedures.
- Mustbe able to work 12 hours per day on an assigned shift with some daily overtimeand weekend overtime.
- Mustbe able to work a rotating 3-4 schedule on assigned shift.
- Highschool diploma or GED preferred.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.