Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, works independently performing routine refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse.
- Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration system. Monitors system performance and determines when system is not operating correctly.
- Replaces components within the refrigeration#39;s system, with safe LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
- Performs basic pump out/evacuate refrigerant as necessary for valve replacement and/or repair.
- Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
- Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Tests and calibrates HVAC equipment.
- Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
- Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action. Individual should understand key troubleshooting techniques to determine root cause.
- Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records with the CMMS System.
- Keeps work area and tools 6S#39;d (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 5 years combined Industrial Refrigeration and/or Industrial Maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years of employment experience in industrial refrigeration
- Completion of RETA Operator 1 course preferred. In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
- CARO and CIRO certification preferred.
- Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial Refrigeration and maintenance courses.
- Troubleshooting and repairs with differing control systems ALTA/Allen Bradley etc.
- Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
- Must be computer literate.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient use of testing equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
- Share knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses (use of contacts are prohibited when working with ammonia).
- Able to work nights and weekends.
- Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.