Forbes has named Perdue Farms one of “America’s Best-in State Employers 2019” in North Carolina! We’re honored that Forbes recognizes Perdue among America’s best employers.
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Forbes has named Perdue Farms one of “America’s Best-in State Employers 2019” in North Carolina!
2020 marks our 100th year anniversary! Come and grow your career with a solid team!
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Associate Discounts
- On-Site Wellness/Medical Clinic
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, rebuilds and adjusts ammonia refrigeration, boiler and compressed air equipment in areas of responsibility by analyzing, calibrating, replacing, repairing or rebuilding all equipment and machinery within established guidelines.
- Must have all required personal tools and have the ability to learn to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
- Must be able to work swing shifts.Must perform all tasks and repairs within the Perdue Safety Policies and procedures
- Must supply own hand tools necessary to operate system, perform preventive inspections and make repairs.
- Must perform all tasks and repairs within the Perdue Safety Policies and procedures and be part of the PSM team, be FIT tested for a respirator.
- Must be able to walk a long distance in the performance of rounds and checks throughout the shift on the complete Ammonia System.
- Must be able to safely isolate and pump down any section of all systems.
- Must be able to do line opening procedures.
- Must be qualified to receive or transfer ammonia in all plant systems.
- Must be qualified to do routine maintenance on:
- Ammonia compressors.
- Air compressors.
- Ammonia liquid pumps.
- Ammonia system controls.
- Refrigeration system condensers.
- Air system drying equipment.
- Air system control
- Steam Boilers
- Oil Boilers
- Must have clear understanding of refrigerant expansion with pressure temperature variables
- Must be able to direct and train operators
- Working knowledge of departmental PC’s.
- Must perform as a Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) team member after certification from Perdue.
- Troubleshoot and repair Refrigeration and Ammonia problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair Electrical Controls on the Refrigeration and Ammonia Systems.
- Maintain all engine rooms, compressor rooms and roof areas in a high state of cleanliness at all times.
- High school or equivalent
- 2 -4 years. Must pass operator certifications CARO and/or CIRO. Must be able to read and use dial gauges, micrometers, etc. in the alignment of motors, pumps, etc. experience in ammonia or Freon refrigeration, boiler operations, and compressed air.
- This is a night shift position.
- Must be available to work weekends as scheduled.
- Reading and analytical skills preferred.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm. Able to stand for several hours. Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Named “America’s Best-in State Employers 2019”
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.