Starting Wage:$30.00/ HR
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwans Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron, Tonys, Big Daddys, Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smiths and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwans, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwans Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
As a Refrigeration Mechanic III, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and to make sure all equipment and the facility are kept in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
Whats this job all about?
- Inspect air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters, Ammonia and Freon refrigeration units daily; repair malfunctions and perform complete overhauls as needed
- Maintain and checks boilers
- Clean evaporators and condensers daily
- Install and replace motors, pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas; repair and replace improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes
- Responsible for the ordering of refrigeration parts and responsible for making sure all written refrigeration records are kept up-to-date
- Perform more advanced refrigeration duties including but not limited to troubleshooting an ammonia compressor, use plant leak detection methods on ammonia systems, troubleshooting and replacing I/O modules in refrigeration systems, figuring superheat and sub-cooling of ammonia systems, troubleshooting CO2 monitors and troubleshooting freezer temperature monitors
- Perform setup and tear down of equipment and perform major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
- Responsible for training maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Participate in Hazmat specialized training and assist with Hazmat team execution
- Perform fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of refrigeration maintenance, boilers, and ammonia compressors
- Hold a current HAZMAT certification
- Ability to obtain boiler license
- Advanced electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Advanced Understanding of PSM
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend basic English for safety and quality purposes.
What we want to do for you!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.