At The Schwan Food Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That#39;s how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer#39;s homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony#39;s pizzas, Pagoda snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith#39;s and Edwards desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
This position, under direct supervision, is responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and assisting advanced level maintenance position in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the inspections of air conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters, Ammonia and Freon refrigeration units daily; repairs malfunctions and assists with complete overhauls as needed
- Help maintain and check boilers
- Clean evaporatorsand condensers daily for correct operation of fans and glycol pumps
- Install and replace motors, pumps, switches,safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas; repairs and replaces improper fittingsand broken refrigeration pipes
- Perform basic refrigeration duties including but not limited to navigatingthrough M&M controls, understanding and entering PSM data, checkinghigh and low side pressure for logging and starting a spiral freezer belt
- Assist with setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- May be required to participate in hazmat duties
- May assist with fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years of related experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
- Some basic electrical skills preferred
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.