At Schwans Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isnt just a job, its a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwans, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwans Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron, Tonys, Big Daddys, Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smiths and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. Schwans is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
- What is the role of a Customer Sales Representative with Schwans?
- Sell and deliver Schwans Consumer Brands products on an assigned grocery route
- Route may include working with large retail grocery chain stores, as well as regional and independent grocery stores
- Build business relationships to increase sales
- Generate new orders and promote new products
- Provide product forecasts for upcoming promotions
- Maintain product display space, set up new promotional displays, merchandise and rotate product
- Unload product, check-in with store Receiver, move delivery to backroom and organize/maintain back-room inventory
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with store personnel, and resolve any customer issues
- Routes run Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend, starting in the early AM hours and end when the daily delivery requirements are fulfilled
- Maintain DOT rules and regulations
- As a Customer Sales Representative you will have the potential for career growth into other positions
- Compensation for this position is base + commission, with benefits!
High School diploma or equivalent
Valid Drivers License
Must be at least 21 years of age
Access to a smart phone with cellular service for text and talking
One or more years of sales related experience
Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation medical certification requirements and driver eligibility, including the ability to secure and maintain a Class B CDL with an air brake endorsement
As a strong supporter of active military personnel and military veterans, we consider military experience a great prerequisite to a career at Schwans
Previous grocery or DSD experience
Medical and Dental Insurance
401K with Company Match
Paid Vacation & Holidays
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan#39;s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.