Our Jonestown Distribution Center, a 218,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a full time Receiving Inspector to join our Receiving team. The essential function of this position is to perform quality inspections on all inbound product to ensure that product meets grower specifications and Mastronardi Produce Specification requirements.
Shift: 1st shift (6:00 am - 5:30 pm) and 2nd shift (6pm-5:30am) working an alternating 3 day-4 day work week (equivalent to working approx. 14-16 days per month)
- Receive incoming shipments and perform inbound product inspections to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Performs quality audits according to the Mastronardi Produce Quality Audit Program using established acceptance criteria outlined in computerized audit check-sheets and Food Safety guidelines. Decides whether product meets criteria, which includes color, size, condition and weight of produce.
- Report any product quality issues immediately to the supervisor and/or quality team.
- Complete all reports during and at the end of shift.
- Email any re-class information required and outback information to the appropriate distribution lists.
- Reports non-conformance findings to responsible department manager/supervisor.
- Actively supports efforts to achieve and maintain SQF (Food Safety and Quality) certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School degree or equivalent is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of the English language, with the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be high performance team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in the produce industry is preferred
- Must pass Drug Test and Background Check
- Must be able to work outside year-round under various weather conditions
- Must be able to work in our refrigerated warehouse with 50° F temperature-controlled zones.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Weekly pay with direct deposit or debit card options
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans Life Insurance
- 401K and Life Insurance Options
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement