PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Raw Materials Distribution Manager ensures operational excellence within our manufacturing facilities by managing the quality of fruit accepted into our Network and maintaining that quality up until the time of consumption. This guiding priority is accomplished by defining, achieving, and maintaining target inventory levels for raw fruit across the enterprise and actively managing the allocation of fruit based upon defined attribute requirements. As such, the position serves at the nexus of demand planning, manufacturing, and fruit procurement as the point person for all issues related to the supply and quality of raw fruit through the enterprise. The position’s tool kit should include attributes from: basic queuing theory, supply chain network design & management, automated data collection and utilization, project management, change management and GMP’s.
This position reports to the Director of Logistics and supervises the Selah Campus Receiving Supervisor, Raw Fruit Coordinator, and indirectly supervises forklift drivers. The position works closely with Fruit Procurement and Grower Services staff, planning, manufacturing, finance, information services, quality, and growers and warehouses.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. Tree Top has identified personnel that will serve as backups for key personnel in the event that said employee is absent or unavailable. These provisions can be found within the organizational chart. Tree Top may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Manage the quality of fruit arriving at our manufacturing facilities to ensure all fruit is consumed at, or better than the approved quality specification.
- Direct the daily flow of bulk raw materials by balancing material availability from Tree Top’s fruit procurement and grower services network against production demands. Utilize analytics and influence to negotiate planning variances to ensure executional alignment with business objectives.
- Work together with plant personnel weekly to ensure the individual fruit needs of the plants are being met regarding size, shape, pressure and varietal mix. Travel to each manufacturing facility is expected.
- Set inventory strategy and provide inventory oversight for all raw storage needs. Create annualized storage plans and associated budgets. Work to minimize obsolete or at risk fruit levels.
- Based on fruit quality and availability, ensure production schedules are adhered to by working closely with manufacturing, production planning, fruit procurement, and other managers
- Provide leadership and supervision of the Receiving Supervisor, Raw Fruit Coordinator, and indirectly forklift drivers. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Relentlessly pursue a culture of continuous integration and improvement with our manufacturing facilities seeking new and innovative ways to source, store, and ultimately consume fruit while driving operational excellence.
- Participate in improving supplier relations through continuous improvement projects.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of inventory management and logistics coordination.
- Principles and practices of raw materials supply chain.
- Working knowledge of raw product and associated attributes.
- Understanding of variety of fruits and process of grading fruits.
- Statistical modeling, accounting, and budgeting practices.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in Tree Top’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a food processing organization, performing logistics coordination, purchasing of raw materials, varietal and associated attribute grading, and/or inventory management.
- Constantly works in an office environment and occasionally has exposures to an outdoors or manufacturing/plant environment
- Occasionally works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, and occasionally includes overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Occasionally deals with highly confidential information
- Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Occasionally works mandatory overtime
- Occasionally works from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Frequently lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 20 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision and occasionally uses far vision and/or color vision
- Frequently talks, types, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
- Occasionally lifts, crouches, stands, walks, pulls, kneels, reaches, uses repetitive hand motions, pushes, stoops, and/or drives
- Types of exposures encountered: Occasionally has exposures to loud machine/equipment noise
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.