Raw Material Procurement Assistant delivers high quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality and timing. Ensures Quality of services provided and contributes to improvement and knowledge management of purchasing processes.
• Responsible for PO Processing
• Validates pricing for each order
• Support user in purchase request definition when needed
• Creates PO and follows up on PO (internal approval, supplier acknowledgement)
• Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers
• Escalation of complex issues to Procurement leader
• Continuous improvement and knowledge management
• Performs problem solving for non-complex issues with receiving personnel
• Proposes documentation changes/ improvements to process when required
• Ensures full compliance with company procurement policies
• Track Deviations and raise non-conformance in cooperation with Quality department
• Manage inventory replenishment
• Log all orders placed along with the arrival dates
• Ensure all orders placed are delivered as scheduled
• 2 years’ experience of raw material manufacturing firm preferred
• Computer literate- Strong excel and analytical skills.
• Experience with JD Edwards a plus.
• Able to work well independently, self-motivated and as a team member
• Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 20 lbs.,
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status or sexual orientation, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, and any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.