Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 8500 employees in over 70 countries. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the R&D Technologist will be a key member of the R&D team in our Puratos Chocolate USA location.
Under the guidance of the R&D Manager, provide the R&D expertise and assistance required for the development and implementation of Puratos products.
- Support Development of products for Puratos marketing initiatives and customer products. Includes bench-top through plant scale-up.
- Optimize formulas while maintaining product performance, or adjusting as defined by R&D Manager
- Support efforts to optimize existing portfolios (SKU, re-positioning, etc)
- Propose formula modifications relevant to increase their value, such as improving performance and/or cost reduction
- Ensure complete documentation on new and/or revised products including: raw materials, formulations, process parameters, QC tests, labeling, etc
- Maintain accessible project documentation in accordance with Innovation Process procedure
- Continually build expertise in the product range through training, experience and hands on testing
- Support quality needs, including performance testing, root cause analysis, and complaints
- Support implementation of new products in production
- Build active network of high commercial value including machine suppliers, researchers, vendors, and the Puratos community
- Assure premium performance of the R&D lab, designing and performing standardized tests and respecting 5S and GMP policy
- Bachelor#39;s Degree within Food Science or Food Technology. Other Science degrees would be considered.
- Prior R&D work experience in a food manufacturing environment. Chocolate experience is a plus.
- Passion for food and creativity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively on multiple projects
- Positive and customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment