Job description and requirements
The Functional Ingredients Team is a critical part of the RDA (Research, Development and Applications) Food team which plays a key role in delivering food technology and application projects that will support ingredient solutions and bakery ingredient business. For this function, we are looking for a well-trained scientist who is specialized in enzyme chemistry and analysis with a focus on cereal chemistry. The Manager, RDA- Enzymes will work closely with the bakery industrial team and RDA Directors of Technology and Application to support execution of projects that will deliver products which meet the market and customer needs. This position serves as a subject matter expert (SME) in technical and applications knowledge and supports knowledge transfer for our internal and external customers.
- Lead or support in a cross functional team environment as a subject matter expert in enzyme applications and related projects.
- Lead and/or support enzyme-related food application projects, with a focus on baking application and cereal chemistry.
- Support enzyme biochemical analysis and research to build the enzyme analysis capabilities in RDA through the Director of Technology and Director of Application..
- Develop and implement enzyme solutions, capabilities and procedures by providing technical insights and support to the RDA Directors and team. Help to strengthen RDA#39;s enzyme science and technology competencies which support the strategy.
- Support Sales and customers with their needs in enzyme analysis, trouble-shooting, solution development/implementation, and training.
- Work closely with enzyme suppliers in learning and transforming their new technologies to application solutions that will create value to and our customers.
- Proactively participate in building project pipeline by offering enzyme and enzyme application expertise and technical insights.
- Additional duties as determined by business needs.
- Bachelor#39;s degree Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry or Cereal Chemistry is required, Master#39;s degree preferred.
- 4+ years#39; experience in related research labs; training and experience in Food Science is required.
- Solid understanding of various enzymes and their applications in food, a plus
- Able to conduct various enzyme biochemical analysis, such as various enzyme activity assays, SDS-PAGE, Weston blot, HPLC, etc.
- Understanding of the principles of food science, functional ingredients in foods, cereal chemistry,baking applications and food analytical techniques is required.
- Customer focused with a drive for results/can-do mentality is a must. Must be able to build trusted relationship with customers and become their go-to expert.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time-management and a passion for driving results.
- Excellent and clear verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Able to initiate projects and bring new ideas into the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills required to manage multiple projects/ tasks at once.
- Team-player: builds on expertise of others, and capable of connecting the dots to drive for optimal results.
- Competent in learning the innovation process management and project management
- Good problem solving skills, capable of using tools in experimental design and statistical analysis
- Overnight travel up to 30% may be required.