R & D Manager/Technical Support
GRN of Medina is filling a Research and Development Leadership role at a family owned company that has been in business for the past 65 years……and our organization has grown more in the past 5 years than in the previous 25! We continue to reinvest in our business thru innovation and acquisition. We continue to reinvest in our plants and our PEOPLE…which is why this role is available. By joining this organization you will be contributing to a company that is intimately involved and dedicated to producing quality products and taking care of our valued customers. This entrepreneurial company values their associates and you would be expected to contribute to the culture of this “family based” company. The location of this opportunity is in the heartland of Minnesota, near the Mankato Area. This company has multi facilities, your focus will be on making a difference in leading the R & D charge in bringing forward new products and making improvements to their current portfolio that will enable them to open up new customers and continue to provide products that is relevant to the changing consumer needs. This growing organization is providing an opportunity to grow your skills with them and to be part of the leadership team of this organization. Our platforms are in retail, club, food service and ingredients.
- Develops new products and line extensions from bench top to commercialization
- Plans, coordinates, document, and reports on test runs and results. Identifies any potential issues or improvements to the process or formulations and discusses with management team.
- Maintains information regarding ingredient specifications, formulas, processes and analytical data such as quality attributes, yield information, and sensory results
- Establishes an efficient base of external vendors for ingredients, packaging, equipment and technical support
- Organizes, implements, and controls project management and administration functions
- Will be a key contributor to helping design the new Product Lifecycle Management software
- Provide technical support to Sales, Quality Assurance and Operations
- Oversees the creation and approves modifications to specifications as required for new/revised SKU’s.
- Reports on the Sample Status to team members and discusses any implications to the business
- Communication with Executive Team
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Food Science; having a Masters and/or experience in meat/protein would be a plus, but not required. Experience MAY trump educational requirements.
- At least 2 plus years of experience working knowledge within an R & D environment.
- Experience with product development flow/process and project management from conception to product launch.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills that would include proficiencies in presenting technical ideas and solutions in technical reports, proposals and in customer presentations.
- Knowledge in manufacturing of various RTE and Commercially Sterile products.
- Experience in translating customer needs into new products; ability to understand company’s capabilities.