QUALITY TECHNICIAN-Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join our Quality Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
At the heart of AAK Foodservice is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We believe that in order to grow, our customers must grow. As a result, customer satisfaction is a key component of our company culture. This translates into our commitment to assist our customers in achieving their goals. We offer our products and services to a variety of customers and have the people and knowledge to address each of their unique needs. From resolving application concerns through technical support to providing consistent and on time deliveries, all of the associates at AAK Foodservice are highly customer focused.
AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
With a dedicated cross-functional team, we specialize in co-development to create custom products and applications based on customer specifications. Our customer-centric approach emphasizes culinary, marketing and customer innovation to determine the best solution for their menu needs. AAK is focused on building lasting relationships, allowing our customers to differentiate themselves in the market.
AAK Foodservice is committed to your success. We have a collaborative, relationship-oriented team environment, that has a small company feel with opportunities to have an impact throughout the company and the world.
We are currently seeking to hire a Quality Technician for our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters. The Quality Technician is responsible for the inspection of raw materials, ingredients and products manufactured at AAK Foodservice to ensure compliance with all internal and customer required specifications.
- Approves incoming components by confirming all materials meet required specifications; this is done through conducting both visual and measurement tests; responsible for rejecting and returning all unacceptable materials.
- Confirms all in-process production meets required specifications and approves products when visual and measurement tests have proven product meets designated stipulations; must effectively communicate any and all required adjustments to the Production Supervisor.?
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications are met and conducting visual and measurement tests; prepares certificates of analysis and any certificates of compliance as needed. ?
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs accurately and with timeliness;
- The ideal candidate will be proactive in discovering deviations from company and customer standards and providing immediate notification to operators and supervisors
- Monitors and inspects process control points, critical control points, and essential quality attributes.
- Must become familiar with all the essential quality attributes of AAK Foodservice products. ?
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calibrating equipment and assisting with submissions of work orders when needed.
- Coordinates shipment of test samples to outside laboratories. ?
- Verifies cleanliness of equipment while working in conjunction with sanitation personnel.
- Collects and submits samples for submission to third party lab as needed.
- Necessary training will be provided to ensure proper onboarding.
- AAS or BS degree in a laboratory science (e.g. in microbiology, biochemistry, biology, food technology), or
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a QA Technician in a food or similar (consumer products) manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in an industrial lab required.
- Auditing experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in Quality Processes and systems including but not limited to: SPC, HACCP, Operating procedures and Manufacturing practices.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make objective and independent decisions
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written instructions, product specification sheets, work instructions, technical documents and manuals.
- Excellent data entry skills required for inputting accurate and detailed data into the quality database
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to introduce information to a group or in a group meeting, perform training to new employees, and assist in preparing new procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with consistent accuracy with detail-oriented work.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and organize work efficiently.
- Fundamental computer skills (data entry, MS Office including Excel) Proficient with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience will be helpful
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, prescription and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™