McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Quality Team Manager in the Quality Assurance group. This new hire will work at our manufacturing center located at 3425 West Lathrop Drive in South Bend, Indiana. The Quality Team Manager will report to a Quality Operations Director.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the general direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality Team Manager leads, engages, and develops employees in the quality lab and on the sanitation team to ensure continuous manufacturing of products consistent with established standards and/or customer specifications. The Quality Team Manager works within the McCormick High Performance Cultural Framework; actively teaching, coaching, developing and mentoring team members while demonstrating a deep respect for the capabilities of all people.
- Leads and manages the Laboratory Technicians to achieve key indicator results that support the McCormick Dallas facility#39;s strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSMs)
- Provides direction and supports the daily management and work prioritization of 10-15 direct reports to achieve flawless process and product quality goals
- Creates and leads the structure of High Performance to engage the team to utilize continuous improvement and lean tools to optimize results within the quality team
- Assures compliance with Corporate QA/QC policies and procedures, as well as Federal, State, and local regulations
- Leads, develops and empowers Quality Technicians engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, lab facilities, and products
- Manages fiscal responsibility to ensure the department spend is consistent with business requirements
- Investigates, identifies and communicates documented root cause and corrective actions for out of specification finished products
- Maintains customer quality satisfaction through inspection of raw materials, in-process materials, production processes, environmental conditions, and finished products
- Ensures the timely compliance to all corporate, divisional, and customer correlation/calibration programs
- Conducts and participates in customer visits and audits as needed
- Participates in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities including Pillars and small team activities.
- Bachelor#39;s and/or Master#39;s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or another technical field
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to manage a three-shift operation
- Minimum one (1) years of experience managing/supervising direct reports in a manufacturing / production environment
- Minimum three (3) years working in Quality in food, beverage, flavor, pet food, and/or ingredient manufacturing plant(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge of increased complexity such as working in another functional or technical area, significant project assignments, job rotation, etc.
- Sustained demonstrated leadership in a High Performance / High Performance Systems (HPS) environment
- Successful management of projects through to successful completion
- Demonstrated understanding of how day to day decisions affect business results, customers, staffing, materials, processing and maintenance
- Experience reacting to multiple and changing priorities and achieving results within a compressed time frame
- Experience recognizing problems, analyzing them, offering solutions and using logical thought processes when making decisions
- Experience reading and interpreting technical documents such as specifications, procedure manuals and technical data sheets
- Experience working collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing technical procedures
- Knowledge of and experience working with Food Safety Programs
- Experience developing, coaching and motivating employees in a team based environment
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Experience in an FDA regulated facility
- Working knowledge of food plant sanitation and hygienic design
- Experience working with SAP software system
- Understanding of the importance of Cost of Quality
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Demonstrated analytical skills to determine root cause and deliver corrective actions
- Willingness to relocate for future assignments
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.