Purpose: To provide the basic duties of the Quality Lead Sanitor position at NRI in a safe, productive, and efficient manner. This is a night shift position working Monday – Thursday 4:15 p.m. until 3:00 a.m., with Friday work, as necessary. The work schedule is subject to change according to the needs of the company and/or department.
- The lead position is expected to make decisions in the absence of the Production Lead and Production Manager relating to work priorities and individual task assignments.
- This position is responsible for relieving lines during breaks.
- Leads the mid-shift production cleaning crew in nightly sanitation efforts.
- Cleaning tasks to include production equipment, floors, ceiling, walls within the production areas.
- Follow standard protocols of top-down, dry to wet cleaning for efficiency.
- Perform cleaning operations so as not to interfere with manufacturing operations, cross-contamination of neighboring equipment, raw materials, or stored product.
- This position is not responsible for disassembly/reassembly of production equipment machine parts relative to cleaning and sanitizing tasks.
- Working knowledge in the proper use of cleaning equipment including steamer, foamier, high-pressure washer.
- Notify the Maintenance Coordinator and/or Production Manager regarding the observed need for mechanical repairs.
- Utilize only chemicals, detergents, and sanitizers, you have been trained to use.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for any unfamiliar detergents or sanitizers to be used, to identify possible hazards and appropriate PPEs. (personal protective equipment)
- Working knowledge with CIP/cleaning chemicals, (training to be provided).
- Verify chemical dilution strengths, particularly for sanitizers.
- Record chemicals withdrawn from the chemical cage and keep the cage locked when not in active use.
- Maintain the work area, organized so as not to present safety hazards to self or others.
- or food safety cross-contact/contamination hazard.
- Use of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) as required by cleaning task.
- Performs required tasks without compromising building security (propping/leaving doors open).
- Reports any pest or safety issues observed or reported to you to the QA Manager.
- Follow waste and recycling procedures related to product and non-product wastes, carry wastes to dumpsters.
- Disposes of unused detergents and sanitizers and empty containers in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Duties may include painting prep and painting tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and management. Ability to work independently and/or in a group, with minor supervision. Self-motivator. Competent in English, ability to read, write and follow written instructions. Prefer janitorial or sanitation experience.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time. Performance of duties may require working at heights using ladders and/or scissor or boom lifts. Work routinely with corrosive chemicals (PPE provided). The employee must be able to work near active food manufacturing machinery. Work assignments are primarily performed in an indoor food processing environment that may have wet floors, humid and/or dusty conditions. The ambient noise level does not currently require the use of earplugs, although these are available. PPEs will vary by assignment. The facility regularly processes known food allergens.