Purpose: To provide the basic duties of the Quality Sanitor position at NRI in a safe, productive, and efficient manner. This is a night shift position working Monday – Thursday 4:15 p.m. until 3:00 a.m., with Friday work as necessary. The work schedule is subject to change according to the needs of the company and/or department.
- Perform specific cleaning tasks determined by the QA Manager following Master Sanitation Schedule frequencies and food safety inspections.
- Direct requests specific production/maintenance support cleanups through the QA Manager for response.
- Cleaning tasks to include production equipment, floors, ceiling, walls within the production areas.
- Perform cleaning operations so as not to interfere with manufacturing operations, cross-contamination of neighboring equipment, raw materials, or stored product.
- This position is NOT responsible for disassembly/reassembly of production equipment machine parts relative to cleaning and sanitizing tasks.
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment including steamer, foamier and high-pressure washer.
- Ensure sanitation equipment and supplies are used properly, reducing waste and damage.
- Notify the QA manager regarding the observed need for mechanical repairs.
- Utilize only chemicals, detergents, and sanitizers you have been trained to use.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for any unfamiliar detergents or sanitizers to be used, to identify possible hazards and appropriate PPEs. (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Working knowledge with CIP/cleaning chemicals. (Training to be provided).
- Record chemical key signs out for chemicals to be withdrawn from the chemical cage and keep the cage locked when not in active use.
- Maintain the work area organized so as not to present safety hazards to self or others.
- Follow standard protocols of top-down, dry to wet cleaning for efficiency or food safety cross-contact /contamination hazard.
- Perform required tasks without compromising building security (propping/leaving doors open).
- Report any pest or safety issues observed to the QA Manager.
- Follow waste and recycling procedures related to product and non-product wastes, carry wastes to dumpsters.
- Dispose of unused detergents and sanitizers and empty containers in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Duties may include painting prep and painting tasks.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and management. Ability to work independently and/or in a group, with minor supervision. Self-motivator. Competent in English, ability to read, write and follow written instructions. Prefer janitorial or sanitation experience.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands: Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Duties may require working at heights using ladders and/or scissor or boom lift. Work routinely with corrosive chemicals, (PPE provided). Must be able to work near active food manufacturing machinery.