Quality Assurance Supervisor
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories — bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for leading the Production Quality Assurance team and for maintenance of Quality Systems at the Springfield facility. The QA Supervisor will operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is expected to manage multiple tasks on a tight timeline to meet customer requests.
- Supervisory responsibility for the Quality Assurance Technicians to develop individuals as members of a high performing team.
- Maintain current programs and lead initiatives to continually improve Quality Systems, including: internal audit program, environmental monitoring, document control, CAPA, and other quality systems as appropriate.
- Assist the quality department with timely reporting of quality metrics (nonconformance trends, complaints trends, sanitation performance, etc.) for monitoring system effectiveness and for enabling sound product quality decisions.
- Lead internal quality audits and assist with external audits. Prepare and review responses to audit findings. Coordinate with all departments to develop action plans and timelines for audit corrective actions.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective action and process improvements.
- Review customer product specifications to evaluate applicable Quality requirements and responsibilities.
- Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Interface with suppliers and supplier quality representatives when quality issues arise, to ensure that effective correction actions are implemented.
- Manage quality complaints from initial information gathering, through the investigation, to providing resolution to customer.
- Maintain the CAPA program ensuring CARs are closed out in a timely manner and corrective actions are implemented and effective to address issues.
- Review and approve deviations
- Create and revise technical documents including Standard Operating Procedures, Specifications, MSDS, Allergen statements, GMO Statements, Irradiation/ETO statements, etc.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- When the employee(s) filling this position is absent from their job, their immediate supervisor/manager (as identified in the “Reports To” section of this job description) is responsible for assigning the qualified employee(s) to perform the essential functions and responsibilities listed in this job description. The qualified employee(s) must have been successfully trained on the assigned temporary duties.
- May be expected to lead other team members and/or to represent the department in cross-functional meetings to resolve quality, technical, and service related issues