Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper raw material handling and cutting procedures are followed for Batch Kitting.
- Works closely with Production and fellow team members.
- Ensuring all foreign material findings are entered into the Foreign Material Database.
- Perform a root cause analysis for each foreign material incident generated from the Vendor or Non Vendor raw material.
- Working efficiently and in an organized and clean manner, enforcing “clean as you go”.
- Ensure SQF procedures and GMP’s are being accurately followed by prep personnel while handling raw material.
- Ensure proper tool handling etiquette is being following at all times.
- Ability to lead, coach, teach, mentor, and create a positive work environment.
- Monitor condition of barrels and tools within area (knives, scoops, etc.), presence of foreign material inclusionResponsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
- Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
- Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Ability through training and appropriate time in position; to advise the proper breakdown and reassembly of job specific processing equipment.
- Observe prep personnel preparing raw ingredients to be processed in production.
- Ensure prep personnel are preparing raw ingredients accurately and efficiently while avoiding contamination from foreign material.
- Update Supervisor on efficiencies and any hindrances to the process.
- Offer recommendations and solutions to such matters.
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Be prepared to explain successes and opportunities.
- Report discovered raw material contamination to appropriate management personnel and Quality departments.
- Responsible for any and all zone product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of departmental error or inefficiencies.
- “your zone, your product”
Competencies: “An area of expertise that is fundamental to a particular job or function”
In order to perform this position properly, each candidate must demonstrate the following core competencies (not all inclusive)
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone#39;s efforts to succeed.
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for teammate’s activities. Is a positive influence in motivating and raising the performance levels of fellow department staff. Helps to keep the team focused, and on task.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity while considering bottom line ramifications.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials as designed, and as instructed. Education and/or Experience
- High school education; and 1year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills
- Level II: the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally in English as it pertains to individual position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge or ability to learn Microsoft office