Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of Clam Chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster Bisque in the country.
Monitor standards and controls in relation to the manufacturing of high quality soup, dip and salad products in a dynamic, fast paced USDA, FDA food manufacturing facility.
- Monitor and enforce quality control points.
- Possess and promote the highest product and process quality standards.
- Complete audits to ensure quality standards are kept within specifications.
- Complete process related audits to assure that process instructions are being followed.
- Complete updates on stock status via inventory control software when placing non-conforming material on hold or assigning a disposition of currently held product in the system.
- Updating all reporting databases with pertinent information of all non-conforming products.
- Performing a cause and effect/root cause analysis on all non-conforming product to assist in creating further planned actions or prevention methods.
- Perform viscosity and solids data testing.
- Perform packaging verification audits.
- Partake in quality systems development.
- Sensory evaluation of key ingredients and attributes.
- Analyze data and use information to enact quality improvements.
- Maintain, create and communicate quality control reporting data quickly and effectively.
- Identify and take part in continuous improvement opportunities.
Candidate should have a developed palette and be able to use that ability to monitor the consistency of a wide variety of products. Must be an agent of change and emanate a positive and upbeat attitude. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
2+ year college degree and 2+ years manufacturing experience preferably in a food environment, or equivalent combination education work experience. Certification of Quality Inspector by ASQ a plus. Candidate must have above average mathematics skills, as well as familiarity with statistical process control and quality control concepts and tools. Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of computers and their programs. Must be detail oriented with above average organizational skills. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must be able to interact in a dynamic team environment while displaying tact and diplomacy with peers and management.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations