Daily Responsibilities Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Monitor standards and controls in relation to the production and/or packaging of high quality soup, dip and salad products.
- Utilize ACCESS database and verification spreadsheets to monitor pack-out lines.
- Assure 100% compliance to statistical process control program.
- Log data and report trends using information gathered.
- Maintain and communicate quality control reporting data.
- Communicate quickly and effectively with production and management personnel.
- Perform viscosity and solids data testing.
- Perform packaging verification audits.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
- Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
- Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
Competencies: “An area of expertise that is fundamental to a particular job or function”
- In order to perform this position properly, each candidate must demonstrate the following core competencies (not all inclusive).
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to motivate and build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone#39;s efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback, and gives appropriate recognition.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own as well as team’s work to ensure highest quality levels.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials as designed, and as instructed.
Education and/or Experience
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and adhere to the Quality Engineering Philosophy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years manufacturing experience preferably in a food or packaging environment, high school diploma, college coursework a plus or equivalent combination education work experience. Candidate must possess a good knowledge of computers and their programs. Must be detail oriented with above average organizational skills. Must be self motivated, possess high energy, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must be able to interact in a dynamic team environment while displaying tact and diplomacy with peers and management.
- Level II: the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally in English as it pertains to individual position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.