Imagine what you can do at Land O#39;Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O#39;Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture#39;s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O#39;Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you#39;ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Quality Operations Technician-2nd shift
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Quality Operations Technician is responsible for performing verification activities which support food safety, regulatory compliance, BRC compliance and food quality. The Quality Operations Technician is also responsible for monitoring in-process documentation, review of completed paperwork in support of Vermont Creamery#39;s Positive Release Program, assisting with incident investigations, performing occasional laboratory testing, executing the environmental monitoring program and completing raw material and packaging inspections.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, approve, and file production paperwork, processing charts and other relevant documentation.
- Conduct frequent verification of records and activities supporting food safety, regulatory compliance, BRC compliance and food quality.
- Perform routine in-process checks of documentation for accuracy, legibility, and conformance.
- Support and coach production employees to ensure processes and procedures are followed thoroughly and accurately (including GMP#39;s, Sanitation and other prerequisite programs).
- Perform quality and food safety training (new hire and refresher) as needed
- Assist with incident documentation and investigation.
- Escalate food safety, regulatory compliance, BRC compliance and food quality issues to necessary management personnel.
- Perform routine inspections of facilities, equipment, materials, processes and employees for compliance in all prerequisite programs.
- Support the Environmental Monitoring Program by means of swabbing, sample submission and tracking.
- Assist in executing holds of non-conforming product and materials.
- Perform meticulous receiving inspections of all in-coming raw materials, including ingredients and packaging materials.
- Serve as occasional weekend coverage in the Quality Lab to perform finished product testing, including microbiological and analytical procedures.
- Learn responsibilities of the Quality Lab Technician and act as back-up during scheduled, or unscheduled, absences.
- Follow all Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements.
- Monitor production to ensure any incidents are documented and escalated as necessary.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all Supervisors, Team Leads and Assistant Team Leads to ensure compliance with all procedures and policies.
- Provide support to the Quality Supervisor or Quality Manager in other various functions as deemed necessary.
- Over-time, off-shift and holiday coverage may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years working in a food-related environment, dairy preferred
- Knowledge of food chemistry, microbiology, composition, analysis, processes and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
Required Competencies and skills:
- Must be able to effectively communicate and actively listen
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write routine reports and interpret safety, quality, operating, and maintenance instructions
- Must be agile and able to shift gracefully when priorities change
- Must be attentive to detail and have good organizational skills
- Must be a self-directed worker, as well as a team player
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O#39;Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O#39;Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O#39;Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy