Our client is seeking a Quality Manager for their Blacksburg, VA location. This Quality Manager will ensure all manufactured products meet or exceed customer expectations and ARP Quality requirements. This Quality Leader will reinforce and adhere to established company quality standards and specifications by validating quality through the production process. Manage and direct the quality department. Supervise activities related to inspection, lab testing, auditing and process control. Oversee validation of new product, qualifications on plant equipment, inspection, laboratory testing, statistical process control and corrective action with a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Serve as both the plant and corporate Quality function.
- Design, implement and direct the Quality Assurance program for the plant, including but not limited to plant management responsibilities and document and data control.
- Collaborate with corporate groups to drive product improvements.
- Representative to the customer on quality and product performance matters at the plant level.
- Serve as a primary contact with customers in the event of customer complaints, lead internal investigation and implement corrective and preventative actions. Drive resolution.
- Inspect incoming purchased or customer-supplied materials, work-in-process materials and rework materials.
- Establish, monitor and maintain statistical process control (SPC) programs.
- Ensure all testing requirements are met per quality standards.
- Coordinate internal quality audits.
- Manage team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring and performance management.
- Bachelors degree in Quality, Mathematics or Engineering.
- 7-10 years quality management experience in manufacturing, preferably in plastic packaging.
- Professional accreditation in Quality Engineering and Systems preferred.
- Professional development and continuing education such as Six Sigma or involvement in professional societies.
- Advanced, mastery level knowledge of SPC methodologies, process capability and designed experiment procedures is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of quality management systems, food safety programs, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), HACCP, and GMT standards is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing advanced Quality Management Systems is preferred.
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office, Statistical Analysis, Process/Product Control and Designed experimentation software tools.
- Must be self-starting, self-motivated personality, able to work independently.