- Ensure employee of the team practice safe work habits and follow safety rules
- Ensure that policies and procedures of that department are being followed in a consistent manner
- Report Safety, Quality, or Maintenance issues to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Lead the department when the supervisor is absent and able to make decisions for that day
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Know, Understand, Perform all job functions within the department
- Perform daily audits in the assigned department covering Safety, Quality, and Department Specific Duties
- Promote team building (from shift to shift and cross –functional teams across departments)
- Train all employees on their specific job duties (proper documentation recorded)
- Organize and complete the required monthly training using the EHS Training System (Alchemy)
- Update procedures and SOP’s (new and existing documents)
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): N95 Respirator, lab coat, safety shoes, safety glasses, bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, and nitrile gloves
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic information of the position
- Able to facilitate a work team
- Advanced knowledge of GMP/HACCP
- Experience working in a Manufacturing/Food industry/Warehouse
- Computer experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to coordinate and schedule shift meetings (department and cross-functional)
- Able to document detailed reports about the department
- Able to communicate details through email including pictures
- Able to navigate through the EHS Training System (Alchemy), EHS Incident Reporting System, and SAP System when required
- Have excellent communication skills (reading, writing, speaking in English)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to clearly communicate with all types of employee
Decision Making/ Problem Solving: Give at least 3 examples of the types of decisions this job will typically make without higher level approval.
- Able to trouble shoot and inform their supervisor about suggestions on improvements
- Use Continuous Improvement methods to help solve issues (Why-Why, SMED)
- Organize break times, changeovers, call offs, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous Line Lead experience preferred or written Supervisor recommendation
The work is classified as Medium Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept. of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%
- Lift up to 55 lbs. on a frequent basis 6 inches off Ground to Waist.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis Waist to Shoulder.
- Carry up to 55 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 10 ft.
- Carry up to 55 lbs. on an occasional basis up 2 stairs.
- Standing - Continuous
- Walking - Continuous
- Bending/stooping – Frequent
- Stair climbing – Occasiona
- Work with known allergens – Frequent
- Most common allergens found in the plant/warehouse environment include, but are not limited to, milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanut and tree nut
- Work with powders – Continuous