Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Engineer - Packaging - MTC in Mount Crawford, VA.
The Quality Engineer will support the implementation of the Danone North America Quality Assurance standards through technical guidance, analysis, and leadership to continuously improve quality performance. The Quality Engineer is accountable for capability assessment and improvement in the areas of food packaging controls, packaging specification performance, as well as packaging validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance, analysis, and leadership driving improvements in packaging processes/systems, and food manufacturing processes.
- Assess process capability across key product platforms.
- Compile and analyze KPIs indicative of production line health (quality performance, preventive maintenance, etc.) and drive improvement actions.
- Support the analysis of customer and consumer feedback to identify improvement opportunities. Drive improvement by implementing corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot non-conformances (raw materials, packaging, etc.) and drive root cause analysis. Assign corrective action, collaborate with supply-quality, suppliers and other functions, and follow-up on completion.
- Lead change management processes related to new products, packaging, equipment, production processes, etc.
- Support plant GFSI and FSMA initiatives.
- Support the development of quality and packaging SOPs.
- Provide training and mentoring to operations teams on food safety and quality related topics to develop a strong quality culture.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Engineering (specializing in Packaging or similar) or other technical discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in the dairy/food/beverage manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to establish, optimize and maintain world-class quality system and team.
- Prior experience using structured and data driven problem-solving techniques (RCPS, DMAIC, Six-sigma, LEAN, etc.).
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to influence others and be a team player.
- The ability to develop/implement core work practices and standards that ensure excellence in quality.
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve complicated quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- The ability to multitask and manage priorities while allocating time to long-term, quality continuous improvement projects.
- Strong "self-management" skills and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Established project management skills. Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with various levels of plant and corporate personnel and influence others.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Engineering, Quality, Management