Quality Control Technician - 2nd Shift - FT or PT
Plenus Group, Inc (PGI), located in Lowell, MA, is a manufacturer of premium soups, sauces and gourmet frozen food items. We are seeking 2 full-time or part-time Quality Control Technicians to join our team on 2nd shift. Shift options:
- Full-time: 10:00 am – until closing, or
- Full-Time: 11:00 am - until closing, or
- Part-time: Can start at 2:00 pm and work 20-30 hrs/wk
- Closing times vary; 6:30 - 8:30/9:00 pm during our busy season
- Monday - Saturday (We work most Saturdays during our high season (Sept - March) and some Sundays)
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Quality Control experience preferred within the food industry.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to work flexible hours required.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Khmer) a plus!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Samples finished product for brix, viscosity and PH.
- Ensures batch records and verifications are documented, accurate and complete.
- Investigates and documents all nonconforming materials and implement QC hold procedures when presented with a nonconforming material or component.
- Responsible for performing tests to ensure machinery is properly cleaned to avoid cross contamination.
- Performs frequent spot checks during in-process production to ensure product is being manufactured to required standards.
- Pulls samples for analysis during in-process and finished goods validation and release.
- Monitors environmental conditions including temperature and humidity.
- Spot checks the performance of the ozone, metal detector, and labeler.
- Performs visual inspections of finished products.
- Reviews labels.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in hot or cold temperatures; potentially damp or humid conditions.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, food allergens and gas.
We offer generous benefits and are an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly supporting diversity.
To keep our customers, employees and vendors safe, our workers wear face coverings, socially distance and wash/sanitize their hands before entering production areas. Cleaning protocols dictate daily cleaning and sanitizing of equipment & high-touch areas.