SQF Practitioner / Quality Control Supervisor
Pay range: $55,000 - $75,000/year (Based on Experience)
Hours: Monday – Friday, hours can change as needed, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, or 10:00 am to 6:30pm.
Our client, a small but successful baked goods manufacturer in the Phoenix, AZ area, is looking for an experienced SQF Practitioner and Quality Control Supervisor to lead, verify, and validate their SQF Auditing, and Quality Control programs and processes, to ensure that they are compliant with our customers’ needs.
- Bilingual – English / Spanish speaking candidates are highly preferred for this position.
- Responsible for developing ongoing evaluation and improvement related to all aspects of the SQF program to ensure effective implementation and maintenance.
- Reviews all SQF related SOPs on an annual basis and coordinates with all other departments to ensure all SOPs are up to date.
- Supervises a team of 7 direct reports.
- Performs daily monitoring activities on SQF programs including: Verification, Validation, Audits and Recordkeeping to ensure completion and compliance.
- Maintains Log /Action Plans of required corrective actions for non-conformances and ensures closure of these issues.
- Formulates and prepares appropriate reports, charts and graphs indicating the status of the SQF management system and associated projects.
- Participates in food safety and other regulatory audits.
- Develops instructional training to clarify SQF procedures, policies and requirements
- Works closely with Quality Control department and other staff to ensure that all employees understand their responsibilities and to identify and properly report concerns in accordance with established rules and programs.
- Ensures that effective programs are in place and implemented to produce and package all products in a safe manner
- Develops, administers and maintains applicable Food Safety Programs & (GMPs), SQF Food Safety and Quality systems and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Bi- Lingual Spanish extremely preferred
Job Type: Full-time
· 4 or more years of SQF Auditing and Quality Control (Preferred)
· Must have experience completing SQF audits, ideally for food manufacturers
· Must be SQF Practitioner