Date: Nov 1, 2021
Location: Erlanger, KY, US, 41018
Company: Perfetti Van Melle
Perfetti Van Melle - one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of confectionery and chewing gum with global brands that are being enjoyed in more than 150 countries worldwide - is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Quality Control Supervisor to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Quality Control Supervisor leads the Quality Control Technician Team and oversees the implementation of all quality processes and procedures relating to product specifications for items produced or distributed by Perfetti Van Melle USA.
Specific duties for the QC Supervisor include:
- Provide oversight and enforcement of food safety programs and quality standards.
- Ensure procedures are in place to support all required quality lab testing, including GLP’s implementation and monitoring.
- Enforce compliance requirements for food safety and food defense programs, and identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- Communicate effectively with internal partners to ensure products are made following food safety guidelines and according to specifications.
- Work as a liaison to implement Corporate Quality policies that impact manufacturing, and ensure Erlanger KY plant is in alignment with these requirements.
- Lead plant sanitation program to determine testing requirements and frequencies, trend and share results and improvement recommendations cross-functionally.
- Serve as a manager and coach to develop team of Quality Control Technicians.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree required: preferably in food science, food safety or a related scientific field.
- 5+ years of experience working in a manufacturing plant in the food industry, with at least 3 years of people management experience.
- PCQI certification preferred.
- Knowledge of GMPs, HACCP, FDA and OSHA regulations, QC management tools (AQLs, inspections, in-line QC checks), good laboratory practices, techniques and testing methods, as well as ingredients, packaging, and different manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO22000, FSSC22000 requirements.
- Prior experience supporting an analytical lab, including method development and validation, staffing, and equipment.
- Proven ability to evaluate food safety and quality processes.
- Ability to lead teams through food safety incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and group communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to manage difficult and challenging situations.
- Demonstrated strengths in team leadership, decision making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Microsoft application skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Perfetti Van Melle we have a core value of Care For Our People and we are proud to offer benefit programs that support our team members goals and well-being. We offer competitive pay and great benefit options. Join the Sweet Life by applying today!
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati