JOB TITLE:Quality Control Supervisor
LOCATION: Clayton, WI
REPORTS TO:Quality Assurance Manager
This position is responsible for planning, directing and implementing quality programs and directing laboratory functions to ensure the highest standards of quality that meet customer specifications, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Releasing finished product for shipment including preparation of all certificates of analysis.
- Ensuring lab technicians are in compliance with laboratory procedures and that their testing is accurate.
- Training, monitoring and reviewing technicians use of new testing equipment and laboratory methods to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Purchasing, organizing and maintaining laboratory supplies as needed.
- Monitoring and maintaining lab equipment and its calibration, including preparing maintenance work orders, overseeing and assisting in the maintenance of testing and laboratory equipment and troubleshooting equipment as necessary.
- Providing back-up support for QA manager and laboratory technicians as work load or absences require.
- Ensuring all quality standards and procedures are maintained, including training and monitoring of new and existing employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for quality, and food safety, consistent with company principles.
- Taking all necessary actions to maintain the certification and compliance of the plant, laboratory, testing equipment and laboratory technicians as needed.
- Monitoring insect and pest activity, including coordinating with pest controller suppliers to identify and resolve problems.
- Participating in customer and regulatory agency visits and audits, including accompanying visitors and accommodating requests as appropriate and maintaining subsequent RCA and CAPA.
- Working with sanitation to verify and validate effective cleaning.
- Overseeing and coordinating activities of the environmental sanitation programs in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Evaluating processes and methods, recommending measures to improve quality of product, equipment performance, and utilization of people as appropriate.
- Acting as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production or quality, and assisting employees in problem solving techniques.
- Acting as plant certified industry supervisor for Appendix N bulk screening program.
- Acting as Second Reviewer for FSMA required documentation
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional travel for work, up to 33% of the time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills:Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively read and interpret documents such as quality procedures, lab equipment manuals, company policies and other documentation. Ability to process test results, reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees, suppliers and customers. Ability to effectively present information to employees, customers and others.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to correctly compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Skills & Abilities:Must have SQF practitioner certification, PCQI certification, HACCP certification, Appendix N Certified Industry Supervisor, Pasteurizer Operator certification (these certifications must be attained within 12 months of date of hire). Ability to calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment including infrared and near infrared technology.Must be able to effectively participate in quality, supervisory and other in cross-functional meetings and on related teams, on a variety of topics. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. The ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is continually (more than 67% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is frequently (up to up to 66% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must continually (more than 67% of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally (up to 33% of the time), lift up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment Appropriate personal protective equipment is required, based on the job being performed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires an Associate Degree in food science or related field, knowledge related to the job and six to eight years of progressive job-related experience. A Bachelor Degree in food science or related field, knowledge related to the job and three to five years of job-related experience is preferred.
This position directly supervises the laboratory function to ensure the accurate and timely testing of raw materials, in-process, and finished products to meet customer and company specifications. Maintain all laboratory certifications and monitor technicians for accuracy and precision. Supervisor responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis., is a farmer-owned milk processing and marketing cooperative with annual sales of $1.5 billion. The nation s eighth-largest cooperative and number 28 in annual sales among the Top 100 U.S. dairy processors, Foremost Farms is a leading manufacturer and marketer of cheese, specialty whey ingredients, butter and bulk fluid milk to customers around the world.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you. We re already one of the nation s top 10 dairy cooperatives, making Wisconsin cheese and dairy ingredients for the global marketplace. But we re not satisfied. Are you?
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing which could include a drug test, physical, background check, education check and credit check required.