Quality Control / Quality Assurance Technician
$18.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience
JOB SUMMARY of the Quality Control / Quality Assurance Technician
- Perform analytical testing including but not limited to pH, sodium, color, drain weight, water activity, brix & moisture.
- Performs verification of food safety and quality checks established in the HACCP,FSMA and Preventive Control Programs.
- Ensure Food Safety and Regulatory compliance of sanitation practices.
- Provide on the floor QA support to help with the investigation and troubleshooting of any food safety, quality, or process control related issues.
- Assists QA management in the collection of data for the purpose of improving products and systems as necessary as it relates to food safety and quality (Statistical Process Controls.)
- Ensure work areas on the floor follow plant GMP requirements and also meet all local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform verification system checks to ensure sanitation systems are on track including daily pre-operational sanitation checks (inspections, APC, ATP, and Environmental monitoring.
- Assist QA and R&D as needed during special batch runs.
- Assist QA and Operations in conformance checks of ingredients, packaging, and finished product to ensure they meet established specifications.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all standards, along with Federal, State, and Local regulations for occupational safety.
- Assist QA and site in accomplishing the Everett Plant and QA departmental goals and objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Quality Control / Quality Assurance Technician
- Two years of related experience with respect to Quality Assurance
- Good communication skills including computer, writing, and verbal
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook
- Training in SPC preferred
- Good mathematical skills required
- HACCP Certified preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE of the Quality Control / Quality Assurance Technician
- Ability to understand and verbally express ideas and instructions effectively
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others
- Ability to prioritize, follow instructions and follow-through to achieve results