Under general supervision leads the employees engaged in performing a variety of tests and testing procedures on equipment, incoming raw materials, finished products, and products in process. Documents results and reports according to established procedures.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains employees engaged in performing product quality and safety testing; resolves simple employee conflicts or testing difficulties according to established policy while referring more complicated matters to the next higher level. Makes hire, fire, training, discipline and promotional recommendations.
- Works with Quality Assurance workers to ensure that tests are conducted as required and that sufficient supplies and materials are available for testing and analysis.
- Provides back up to all positions in the quality control department.
- Obtain, prepare and conduct sample analysis using a variety of lab testing equipment.
- Swab assigned area on the production floor grid and test for bacterial analysis according to established processes ad procedures.
- Inspect production equipment for rust and condensation; interpret and document results.
- Conduct a variety of audits including, but not limited to, temperatures on outbound product and product packaging counts.
- Interpret and record results of all tests performed; document results in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Produce a variety of reports detailing and summarizing test results
- Maintain clean and sanitary testing environment and otherwise comply with organization policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, employment and work rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required Skills
- Ability to accurately perform basic math computations
- Ability to enter data into reporting system
- Ability to follow instructions
- 2- 5 years of combined prior experience in food manufacturing, quality control and on the job training.