Quality Control Manager
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories — bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Manage all aspects of quality control in a nutritional premix facility. Review, author and develop quality processes as they relate to the analytical laboratory and quality control. Manages all activities of the Quality Control laboratory in the analyses of raw materials and finished products.
- Reports to Senior Quality Assurance Manager, Manages internal West Haven laboratory and quality control staff.
- Supervises the inspection and release of raw materials and finished products.
- Oversees the testing of all incoming materials and finished blends for conformance to established specifications.
- Experience with UPLC, LC/MS, UV/VIS, ICPMS, ICP-OES and Titration to test products and develop methods.
- Manages out of specification investigation process including corrective actions.
- Manages deficient materials review process and ensures materials are investigated and dispositioned in a timely manner.
- Maintains laboratory inventory and procedures to ensure accurate, timely and cost effective analysis of materials and products.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing to resolve quality issues and drive quality improvement throughout the facility.
- Ensures compliance to all quality requirements to meet audit standards and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts quality investigations to determine the disposition of suspect raw material or finished product including communicating with various departments, customers and vendors.
- Coordinates the accuracy and timeliness of the testing of retain samples and its tracking system.
- Trains and mentors key direct reports to effectively manage the functional areas of responsibility and safety.
- Monitors and report on key quality measures.
- Maintain quality control documentation.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct.
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.