Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF#39;s business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Quality Assurance Technologist. This role will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
A Quality Assurance Technologist monitors processes on their respective shift to ensure food safety and product quality standards are being met, and take necessary corrective actions when they are not. The position is on the third shift, which runs from 9pm - 6am.
- Monitors all HACCP requirements and regulations.
- Monitors quality control of products and processing lines
- Monitors plant conditions and employee practices.
- Participates in training employees in GMPs, and SQF principles
- Participates in Food Safety systems, Pre-requisite Programs and SSOPs assessments and re-assessments
- Performs pre-operational and operational inspections of the facility.
- Works with USDA and FDA regulators on a daily basis
- Participates in training employees in accordance with our training program on GMPs, HACCP and SQF
- Participates in performance of daily product cuttings.
- Communicate with the Production and Maintenance staff during operation on a regular basis to ensure product quality and safety.
- Work on cross-functional projects related to quality and compliance of new and existing products - with R&D, marketing, sales, maintenance, and Operations as needed.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- In their absence, a fellow QA Technologist or a trained designate shall perform their responsibilities.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field, or at least 7 years#39; experience in the quality assurance field
- Some food industry knowledge; meat industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be Proficient in software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Exhibits HPT behavior at all times
- Ability to work different shifts and weekends as needed
- Ability to withstand working in a cold environment and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be personally committed to and actively work on continuous self-improvement.
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.