Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.)
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Salty Processing Operator, under general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of processing machinery.
- Operates the processing/ equipment to produce product within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the highest possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors product and removes any product that is improperly formed or overlapped.
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/ area in accordance with established procedures to include change overs and preventative maintenance.
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate team members.
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matter.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change overs, including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload raw materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in raw material needs.
- Maintains inventory usage and proper disposal of cutter blades. Responsible for securing blades at all times and keeping Urschel Heads running efficiently.
- Tests and receives new oil; treat, filter and test used oil. Maintains the proper level of oil in processing equipment.
- Maintains thorough understanding of heat exchanger system.
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount, makes adjustments accordingly.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Using hands: Continuously
Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
Talking, Hearing: Continuously
Tasting, Smelling: Continuously
Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
Up to 50 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Frequently
Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Occasionally (with assistance)
More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Occasionally
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
- Dust: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.