The Quality Assurance Technician, Level 1 position is an entry-level role that performs Pre-Operational Checks, Food Safety, and Quality Checks. Essential skills for this position are the ability to communicate effectively, be observant, and detailed. Additionally, a basic understanding of GMP’s, as this role will provide direction and instruction to production staff on various procedures to ensure we meet all standards of food safety and quality. The ideal candidate should be flexible with their schedule and a strong team player and work well with internal teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pre-Operational Checks
- Review production schedule, Eviro sampling (ATP, APC & Coliform), Calibration of tools, Inspection of all equipment for allergens, set date coder, print and issue QA check logs
- Food Safety & Quality Checks
- Product inspection and checking: instruct operators for verification of weight and temperature of product, metal detector calibration, barcode reader verification, viscosity and pH checks of sauce,
- Sensory evaluation of products
- Finished product and packaging inspection and review
- Sample retention
- Collection of finished products for micro & chemical lab testing and pick up
- Maintain daily logs
- Monitor employee for compliance of GMP’s
- Other responsibilities may be required based on the needs of the department and as delegated by the supervisor and/or manager.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years’ experience in quality assurance/control or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the food processing industry is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Sense of urgency, detail and project-oriented
This role requires physical mobility of the employee as they will need to enter various parts of the factory. The employee will occasionally move within the office to access office machinery, file cabinets, and collaborate with colleagues. Consistent use of office equipment, such equipment may include but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and copiers. The employee will be required to frequently communicate with both internal staff members as well as external parties or customers and must be able to convey accurate information. This position may require repositioning or movement of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change based on company needs as expressed by management.