The responsibilities of this position require working in the analytical laboratory as well as the packaging laboratory located on the factory floor. Must be able to adapt to a variety of work environments.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
Perform variety of required analytical laboratory tests on in process product samples and finished goods. Testing is also performed on product and packaging materials as well as incoming products as needed.
- Testing protocols range from basic bench top wet chemistries such as pH to more extensive instrumentation such as GC and HPLC.
- Perform government compliance testing on products that contain alcohol prior to release.
- Must be able to evaluate all quality data in order to ensure a quality product. This may include shutting down packaging equipment in order to maintain quality standards.
- Must be able to quarantine out of specification product. This process also includes auditing the quarantined product to determine salability, rework or sort after the product has been separated.
- Required to audit operator quality checks to determine completeness and operators ability to perform the tasks appropriately.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instrumentation.
- Evaluate instrumentation control through the use of statistical process control.
- Record data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Data entry using internal and external databases.
- Completion of paperwork required for record maintenance.
- Communicate with other departments as needed regarding status of in process product streams, various materials and/or finished products.
- Assist department in other Quality Assurance duties as needed.
- Must be able to evaluate all quality data in order to ensure a quality product. This may include shutting down packaging and/or brewing equipment in order to maintain quality standards.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Quality Assurance Technician. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or related science field including completion of lab coursework, as well as experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) and Internet Explorer. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize an assigned work load.
- Work effectively in a team environment and on own.
- Ability to work any shift and daily/weekly overtime hours as needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds.
Must be available to work any assigned shift.
Blues City Brewery provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more.