This position is responsible for providing quality support to the Crookston site. Position will be managing the preparation, completion, documentation and communication of all testing required to support all SQF, SOPs, SSOPs, HACCP and training Programs and Customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow SOPs to process samples, perform testing, track test result status and manage positive release communication system.
- Create, update and maintain a Training program and documentation system that meets SQF Standards. Assist Area Managers in training and calibration of personnel. Audit CCP methodology and performance.
- Complete/distribute Certificates of Analysis per Customer Requirements.
- Manage Environmental Swab Sample Program.
- Manage checklists for all Quality Assurance/Food Safety, Food Plant Security and Safety and Environmental Programs and assure timeline completion.
- Assist with audits, issuing reports and coordinating corrective action plans.
- Enhance Monthly Area GMP Teams for improved performance and consistency based on areas of opportunity identified from audit observations and trends. Responsible for accurate documentation.
- Cooperates with other shifts and the management team in housekeeping endeavors maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Ensures that effective communication and teamwork with the Management and Corporate staff occurs on a daily basis.
- Works hand in hand with Production and Maintenance to help build, standardize and maintain SOPs and SSOPs for every area of the plant.
- Promotes and contributes to the development of teamwork among plant employees
- Assist in coaching and training employees as requested by management team.
Sunday thru Thursday
10 pm - 6:30 am
once/month Saturday day-shift rotation included
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMPs, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, basic food regulations, specifications, and basic food technology.
- Able to work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Able to evaluate a situation and make a good decision
- Good past work history and good attendance
3 to 5 years experience in food production and understanding of Food Safety / HACCP, GMPs, Allergen Control and Sanitation.
Knowledge and Skills:
Basic computer operations. Oracle experience is a plus.
Occasional travel for outside meetings
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Environment is working in heated and unheated areas. Must able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and at times more. Will need to stand for long periods of time and be able to do repetitive work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer