A Place to Build Your Future
Hearthside Food Solutions, the food industry#39;s largest contract manufacturer, has an opening for a Quality Technician. If working in a fast-paced, world class food plant interests you, Hearthside may be an opportunity.
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US; part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for quality people with the right stuff.
Who We Are
- We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry#39;s largest contract manufacturer. You won#39;t find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
- Founded in 2009, today we operate 38 production facilities, employing over 11,000 people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. Our customers are some of the world#39;s finest food companies.
- Hearthside is seeking Quality Technicians in Byhalia, MS (near Memphis, TN). Quality Technicians ensure all elements of food safety are met, sharing discrepancies with the Quality Manager. These discrepancies can include HACCP programs, Allergen programs, Sanitation procedures, GMP findings, Foreign Material findings, and HOLD procedures. The Quality Technician ensures that all regulatory, customer, and company quality initiatives are being met and maintained.
- This role requires a high level of overall fitness and stamina. It also requires good verbal and written communication skills, an attention to detail, and the ability to work well on a team and with people from multiple departments. It is fast paced and good reasoning and problem solving skills.
- A detailed job description with responsibilities and requirements, which may vary by location, will be provided during the interview process.
- Education, Experience And Training
- Two-year degree or combination of education and experience;
- Three years of Food Safety / Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment; Bakery experience a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills.
- Hearthside offers a highly competitive wage and benefits package, including full healthcare benefits, 401(k) and more.